2. Processing of personal data related to your use of our websites and applications
2.1 Categories of personal data processed, purpose and legal basis
When visiting LSF websites, LSF may process the following personal data about you:
- Personal data that you actively and voluntarily provide within use of LSF websites (e.g., when registering for workshops, contact forms, subscribing for newsletters, contacting us with your inquiries etc.), such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, information submitted as part of a support request etc.; and
- Information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or device, such as your IP-address, device type, browser type, referring site, sites accessed during your visit, the date and time of each visitor request.
LSF processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide, improve, and develop the services and functions of LSF websites;
- to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment, such as to verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you, to conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
- to answer and fulfil your specific requests;
- to send you marketing information;
- to provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing;
- to improve and develop our services and products;
- as reasonably necessary to enforce our General Terms and Conditions, to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense, to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, including attacks on LSF information technology systems.
The legal basis for LSF processing your personal data may be:
- Your Consent to us using the personal details you provide to carry out the purposes identified to you in accordance with this Notice (Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR);
- LSF exercising its rights and performing its obligations in connection with any contract LSF makes with you (Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR);
- Compliance with LSF’s legal obligations (Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR); and/or
- Legitimate interests pursued by LSF (Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR). Generally the legitimate interest pursued by LSF in relation to our use of your personal data is the efficient operation, management and support of the LSF websites.
2.3 Google Analytics
The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google.
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This shortens the processing of IP addresses, thus excluding the possibility of personal references. If the data collected about you is related to a person, this is excluded immediately and the personal data is deleted immediately.
We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained allow us to improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
2.4 Google Maps
LSF websites use the services of Google Maps. This allows interactive maps to be displayed directly on the website and allows you to conveniently use the map function.
When you visit the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. This occurs regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in to or whether there is no user account. If you are logged into Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not want your profile to be associated with Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for advertising, market research and / or needs-based design of its website. Such evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact Google to exercise this right.
2.5 Links to other websites
This Data Privacy Notice applies only to LSF websites and not to third-party websites and applications. LSF websites may contain links to third-party websites and applications that may be of interest to you. LSF is not responsible for the collection, processing and use of your data within the framework of websites or applications that are not operated by LSF, nor for their content.